MBPY (ManageBac PYthon) is intended for IT Professionals who are looking for a tool to assist with tasks that utilize the ManageBac Public API. It consists of the following layers:
- MBPY Endpoints: A client library in Python to the public APIs.
- MBPY Core: A command line utility that builds upon MBPY Endpoints and offers two main features:
- mbpy import commands that pulls data and stores it into SQLite database file
- mbpy extract commands that performs actions similar to ETL pipelines, including extraction, transformation, and loading. For example, extract attendance data, shape the data, and load it into another database (or send email).
- MBPY Plugins: Hooks that allow developers to add commands to the Core.
The documentation is currently hosted at the following location, but please note that to get started will require your GitHub account be added to the private repo:
As this tool is intended for professional IT users, the ManageBac support line is not able to assist with queries. However, if you have general API questions that that are not specific to MBPY, support would be available for such queries.
The Schools Technology Help Centre has some articles on that may assist with understanding:
Finally, we have a Professional Learning Community where you can ask questions to other users and where the developer is available to answer: